PCG has been spending the summer at the amusement park! Judging the Beech Bend Superstar at Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY, that is. And it’s been a rollercoaster of music excitement!Bernard Porter, Preshias Harris, and Jeremy Parsons, along with PCG Nashville friend TinaMarie Holland, have all sat on the judge’s panel this summer to offer up their critiques of the contestent’s musical talents.
The competition runs a total of 12 weeks, and one performer from each week’s contestants is selected as a finalist. The grand prize winner will be chosen on September 11, 2010, and he/she will have the opportunity to perform at the park’s IGA Stage, tickets to the Grand Ole Opry, and some awesome PCG prizes: free tuition to the Nashville Music Business Camp, a performance slot at the PCG Showcase, and a guitar autographed by Teddy Gentry.
Here’s Jeremy’s report on the judging process:
“I have really enjoyed going up there one because it is a really nice family friendly environment but mostly for the connection I get to make with the people competing in the show. It really gives me a chance to think back to when I was just starting out and how I have evolved over the years. I try to take all this into consideration when a contestant gets up to sing. I make sure I listen and observe them as well as I possibly can so I am able to give advice that I think will help guide them in the right direction, advice that I wish somebody would have given me when I was first starting out.
I also believe it is very important to do nothing but encourage the people who get up to sing because the last thing I would’ve wanted someone to tell me when I was starting out was, “You’re terrible. Give it up.” Judging is very fun for me also because I love to connect with people and you get a chance to joke around with your fellow judges, the crowd, and also the participants. All in all I can say that I have had a blast helping out and judging at Beech Bend amusement park and I am looking forward to being invited back very soon!!!”
Jeremy will be performing at Beech Bend Park‘s IGA theatre stage on July 4, 2010 at 3:30pm as part of their Independence Day celebration. Be sure to check it out! Park admission is $30 for adults and $26 for children, so come spend a day at the park with the family on the 4th.
No comments:
Post a Comment